Saturday 2 February 2019

A card that didn't want to be made and Feb Calendar page

I'm starting to love my new polychromo pencils but they take an age to colour something, it's a good job that's my favourite part of card making!  I normally stamp my image using my stamp positioner, colour it in and then stamp it again so that my lines are nice and crisp.

This little dragon didn't want to play ball though, and when I was going for that final stamp it fell off a millisecond before it should have and wrecked a couple of hours of colouring.  GRRRR!
So I started again but I managed to add some dirty marks and had to add those un-planned green stars.
My image is an oldie from High Hopes, not sure of the make of sentiment, MFT stripy DP.  Sparkle added to the flame and clear gloss to the icing on the cake and the dragon's nails. (This is going to be my brothers birthday card)

And here's Mum's calendar page for February.  Only 2 days late this time so I'm improving my score this year hahaha.
I've used an old TiddlyInks image and I'm not sure of the make of my stencil.
I added a little heart sequin to Valentine's Day.

12 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

I feel your pain, having colored an image and then the re-stamping is off just a smidgen. Your second attempt looks perfect, though. Even the little stars look like they belong there. Your mum's calendar page turned out beautifully, as well. Love the idea of the heart sequin on the 14th. I was coloring a couple of complicated images today and nearly had a disaster. I've a plan to remedy my boo boo, so we'll see if it works. If not, I'll just have to start over.

Tone K. said...

Ohh, so cute page in the calendar :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicous! :)

Sarah said...

I have done that so many times Lynne. My last disaster ws a toadstool house that I was really pleased with. I used glossy accents for the window panes, accidentally put something on top of it and ripped the blessed image when I tried to prise it off!! I never have stamped that image again!! Your dragon card looks great with the accidental stars, we never would have known!! A sweet page for February too xx

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks for sharing your tips on crisp edges! I'll have to try that! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By this week

Laurel said...

These are adorable and thanks for the tips! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulously fun card !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Totally been there... Great card, Lynne, and I love your calendar page, Jo x

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We would love to see some of your beautiful creations in one of our upcoming issues of Through The Craft Room Door Magazine! Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Hugs & Craftiness,
AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

Claudia Martins said...

Beautiful project !! Thank you very much for entering the challenge in Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Hugs ,
Claudia - DT TTCRD

Marina said...

Honestly, I could have written your post! I have a stamping platform (Misti) and people say it saves your cards, but for me, it also gives new ways to ruin them. Stamp falling off, ink transfer from door to card...I could go on.
But you made a fabulous dragon card! Beautifully coloured and the stars were a blessing in disguise. Thanks for joining The Library.

Cards By MI said...

A very sweet and lovely card with cute design. Thanks for joining us over at Creatalicious Challenges.
Love n hugs
Marie

Melanie said...

A lovely calendar page & a great birthday card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional love/hearts” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)