Saturday 16 February 2019

Sympathy card and a cheeky monkey

Happy Saturday folks!  We'd a lovely dry bright day today, I actually managed to get out to the garden and pull out dead stuff to see what's lurking underneath :)  Lots of buds and shoots and a few slugs and snails.  Yeuch.  No way could I garden without my gloves on, they give me the absolute shudders.

Anyway, I've no sympathy cards left in my stash and I like to have a few already made.  This one uses an oldie from Prima, coloured with polychromos; a few gems and a doodled stitched border to finish.  Nice and easy.  Though colouring with my pencils takes aaaaaaages!

And here's a quickie using another oldie, this time from High Hopes.  I've chalked a stencil on the background to cover a bit of a dirty mark - just for a change! I'm not sure why this chalk always looks sludgy instead of green.  Image coloured with polychromos, sparkle added to the vines and clear gloss to his eyes and teeth.

9 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Your sympathy card is so pretty. I like that it is softly colorful--enough to cheer the bereaved, but not so cheerful that it looks out of place. You've hit it just right! Your cheeky monkey is a hoot. He definitely looks like he's been up to something and got caught in the act. We went out to get some groceries today and new glasses for my DH, but didn't spend much time outside. It's still cold and snowy here.

Dawn Phillips said...

Two beautiful cards Lynne. I love your cheeky monkey. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Stempelfrosch said...

Love your sympathy card because it is not black or Grey as usual...Great colours! Thank you for joining us t sweet stampers,
hugs Anke

Annemi said...

Wonderful sympathy card. Beautiful coloring and layout. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Lisa xx said...

This made me chuckle.....brilliant card

Thank you for joining in with the Cuties, we hope to see you again very soon

Kuni said...

A wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Kylie said...

I love the elements you used to create your one layer card. That sentiment made me giggle! Thanks so much for playing along at Less Is More xx

Cazro said...

Great fun, great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

Marlene Bonetti said...

Hello Lynne!
I love your colorful sympahty Card.
Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge.
Hugs Marlene