Wednesday 21 August 2019

Birthday chick

I'm always slightly out of my "comfort zone" (I hate that expression!) with one-layer cards but thought I'd give it a go ... and I love how it turned out :)

I used an old Whipper Snapper image - masked it off to use my chicken wire stencil and then overstamped with this Gummiapan text block stamp.
Chicken coloured with polychromos and clear gloss added to the balloon, his beak and feet, and sparkle to his red comb.  My lines down the edge are a couple of Paper Smooches border dies.


8 comments:

Kathyk said...

This is just lovely - fab stencilling too

Kathyk

Cheryl W said...

Great card! I hadn't thought of using both a stencil and a background stamp, but they make a unique background. I like it!

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love the chicken stamp and your lovely background too.
Kath x

Andrea said...

I love the background layers - it creates a great textured look. And that chicken is adorable! Great card!

Jane said...

Super card Lynne! Love the subtle background stencilling and stamping and the focal image is just so cute and fun. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Nancy said...

I think you did a great job with your one layer card! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Macimbalo said...

This just made me smile so big! I adore your chicken card! Thanks so much for sharing at ATCAS!

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable! Jo x