Sunday 11 August 2019

Flowers and bubbles

There's a couple of challenges this week to feature your favourite flower - I'm completely fickle with my favourites as it really depends on the time of year!  At the minute my current favourite is my hydrangea which is absolutely covered with fabulous blooms, unfortunately they're a bit more horizontal after a storm on Thursday night!
This stamp is an oldie from Lili of the Valley, coloured with polychromos.

This one uses another real oldie from LOTV, I think I bought it in a sale ages ago and have maybe only inked it once before, bad me!
I added some gloss and glitter to the water (I've just noticed I missed one of the bubbles completely)
For my background I cut a couple of circles from some card and used it as a template to chalk in some 'bubbles'.  Hopefully you can see them, they look better in real life, but by the time I took this pic the light was already starting to go. I can't believe how quickly the dark nights and mornings are coming.

10 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your hydrangeas are beautiful! I love the bit of green you added to each of the centers, just like the real ones. Your bitty bather is sweet as well. I think the bubbles in the background look fabulous. What a great idea!

Elaine Stark said...

Love the colouring of your delicate flowers. Great cards. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Viv said...

Two beautiful cards here Lynne ! I esp. love the one with the lovely hydrangea's...how pretty. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Anne said...

These are fab Lynne, its great to see the older LOTV images still being used
Thanks for joining the AYLI favourite flower challenge - good luck!
Anne x

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Gorgeous!

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

What lovely cards Lynne, especially the hydrangeas, it is always lovely to see you at AYLI. Love the cute pooch in the bucket, really sweet and beautifully coloured xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the subtle circles in your background with the cute focal image! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Jaydee said...

Oh, how I love your little bubble card. He made me smile so wide. Love the subtle circles, too. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

Bobby said...

That little pup in a bucket is so cute and well colored, Lynne. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.