Saturday 17 August 2019

Some watery cards

We'd a real mad day for weather today, one minute it was streaming sunshine and the next lashing rain!  Poor Rubydoo was in and out like a yoyo, as was my washing!  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :)

Anyway, I was very lucky to win some $$ from a recent MFT challenge and this Friends with Fins set was one of the goodies I chose.  Mind you, by the time Customs got the hold of them I probably ended up paying nearly as much as they actually cost.  Grr.  Anyway, I love them, so it doesn't matter.

I've masked off my BG and used this Simon Says Stamp stencil to simulate the water.  My whale is coloured with polychromos and popped up on foam pads.

This one uses a very old Penny Black stamp dated 2005, I'd been hunting for one with water in it and this was the only one I could find.
I die cut a couple of rows of hearts (I think this die is from MFT) and then popped up a couple of the leftover bits.  

8 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Lynne, both your cards are fabulous. I really like your style - the pop of softly, yet beautifully, coloured images set against white is so appealing. Your frog image is cute all on its own but I love the way you've added in the hearts as texture in the background. Super design! The heart on the fishing line had me smiling. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Cheryl W said...

I love both your cards. Their water theme makes me want to head to the lake! It's only 5 city blocks away, so I guess I could go over there if I wanted to. We have many, many lakes in Minneapolis (and over 10,000 of them in the state), so a "lake" theme goes really well in this part of the country. You've made me realize I need more stamps featuring lakes, fish, etc. You're inspiring, as usual, Lynne!

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable cards, Lynne! Love that little whale... May have to add him to my wishlist. Got any dog stamps??? I'm very low on entries for my doggie challenge at CKC. I thought it would be a real winner but entries are lowwwwwwwwww! Jo x

Andrea W said...

Your frog card is darling and I love how you used the cut out hearts across the top. So glad you joined us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Both of your cards are adorable!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Claire Grantham said...

Both cards are lovely, I love that you used the little frog to make an anniversary card, I like a non-trad anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

creative lady said...

Love both of your cards. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Fun cards - each is a great take on the sketch. The stenciling with the whale works so well. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!