Monday 5 August 2019

Two wee quickies

This card was inspired by this week's featured stamper over at Splitcoast - here's Pam's original.  I was inspired by her image of a watermelon and I knew I had this oldie from High Hopes in my stash ... somewhere!  Took a while to find it but I' glad I did as it's been such a loooooong time since she saw any ink.
Coloured with polychromos and popped up on foam pads.

This one looked better in my head!  Haha.  Though I'm not sure what I would do different.  I think I should have done something different with my sentiment and I would have moved him over to the left a smidgen. 

My little hippo is from Gerda Steiner - coloured with polychromos and a paper pieced shirt. I'd a little piece of grey card in my stash that was sort of the same shade as my hippo so cut a few butterflies from it.  

6 comments:

Cheryl W said...

We had watermelon tonight after our dinner, and I like it so much that I look quite like the little girl on your card when I'm eating it! I love your hippo, too, with his crossed eyes. Do you think he can even see that butterfly sitting on his nose? Paper piecing is always fun, especially when it's for hippo clothes. he he Have a great week!

Dotty Jo said...

Love them both! Jo x

Sarah said...

Super cute cards Lynne, the little lady with her watermelon is so fun. Love the lemon and grey combo on the hippo card, which, is actually perfect in my humble opinion!! xx

Di said...

Two brilliant cards Lynne - and super paper piecing! Hugs from Dudley to Rubyx

Hugs

Di xx

Bobby said...

What a darling little girl with that giant slice of watermelon. You did a great job coloring her, Lynne. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello Lynne:
Your cards are darling. I love the images, and how fun each one is. Great job on both. Thanks so much for sharing your sweet art with us. I always appreciate seeing your wonderful creations linked in our challenges. I hope you're having a great week, and that you'll come back to share more of your art with us soon.
God bless,
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com