Tuesday 18 January 2022

Blue Christmas

Hi all!  For my Christmas present to myself I gave in to these sweet snow people from the Simon Says Stamp January kit.  Not something I normally purchase as the shipping costs are just silly but I couldn't resist! So I've no excuse whatsoever to be rushing to make Christmas cards this year 😉  My only niggle with the kit is that I would have loved to have had some Christmassy sentiments in the stamp set, but the papers, stencil and embossing folder are all lovely.


MFT Wednesday sketch #576

Cut it Up  #243 - anything goes with a die cut

Papercraft challenge #77 - winter wonderland


Snippets Playground #419 - Di has a beautiful new blog for the snippets challenge and it's so easy to play along, just use up a scrap!  For mine my snowflakes are cut from little scraps and my snowpeople use up the leftover bits when I cut my cardstock base down to size

Pupdate ... 

We think Molly has almost all her teeth through now, poor soul lost 3 in one afternoon!   Here she is in one of her favourite spots - her towel on the kitchen floor... she often prefers it to her nice comfy bed!  Think she maybe afraid of us making something tasty and forgetting about her permanently hungry tummy 😉

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my days!! LOVE those shimmery snowdudes!! xx

Sandra H said...

I love this sketch and card x

Cheryl W said...

Your card is the merriest! I love those little snowpeople and their glittery scarves and hats. The card sketch you used is really fun, too.

When I stop and think about it, our crafting habits seem a bit crazy--starting to make our Christmas cards in January!! But I guess that is how we keep it fun and less stressful, come November.

Your little Molly looks so sweet. I'm glad her teeth are all in so that she no longer has sore gums. Poor tyke.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

So glad you treated yourself to that adorable kit. What a sweet Christmas card! I was thinking of starting mine this month, too!

Loved reading your "pupdate!" She's adorable.

Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Sarn said...

What a cute snippety Christmas card you've made with your sweet snow family.

Hasn't Miss Molly grown from the picture on your sidebar!

I'm sure we could find a little towel to put in the Playground Treehouse for her. Mind you, she might have to share nicely with Dudley!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Great card Lynne and just perfect for doing 'batch bakes'. Like you, I shudder at the postage and now the tax from SSS but who could resist this wonderful set. Such happy snowmen plus all the extras as well.

Molly is adorable, I remember Dudley dropping his baby teeth around the house at about 5 or so months old. It's a perplexing time for pups - and a few treats don't come in amiss!

Hugs

Di xx

Larelyn said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and there's just nothing cuter than snow people! Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Challenge.