Saturday 22 January 2022

Pinks and purples

 Hi all.  I've just noticed that both my cards this evening have a similar colour theme.

This first one uses an old LOTV stamp and some DP I bought a while back and have struggled to use!


Layout from Global Design #326

As You Like It - favourite colouring medium - I love my polychromos .  It can take a while to build up the layers of colour but they blend beautifully.  I also prefer them over markers as they don't unexpectedly run out on you!! 

Sparkles Monthly Challenge #148 - ribbon, raffia or twine

And this second uses another old favourite from Whipper Snapper, this time coloured in watercolours for a change - it's definitely quicker to colour with them than pencils... or maybe I just didn't put in as much effort 😉   I might actually go over the centre of the purple flowers and make them a bit darker.

My time to Craft #473 - floral

CAS Mix Up January - loose watercolouring


Pupdate...

Miss Molly got a parcel delivered from Amazon today, took her about half an hour to get into it and get her new ball out!  And after chasing it round the kitchen for another while she's now fast asleep.  Money well spent hahaha.  Supposedly it's puncture and chew proof, so we'll see!!



10 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Two beautiful cards! I just purchased a set of Polychromos and love them! Your watercoloured vase of flowers is gorgeous and I love the stencilled background. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up:)

Sandra H said...

Both of your cards are so lovely x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous little Molly with her new ball, so cute, and love your pencil colouring on your fabulous card.

Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl W said...

The image on your get well card is so cute! We've all played "nurse" or "doctor" to our stuffed toys when we were kids, so we can all relate to this card. I think the rainbow-pattered DP worked well with your image panel.

The sympathy card is lovely. The stenciled background adds some interest, and I think you've painted your flowers perfectly. I'm always hesitant to watercolor on my cards--I just don't think I do it well enough. But then, how will my painting ever improve if I don't DO IT?

Molly is so sweet. She's a pretty smart little puppy to be able to get that ball out of the package.

nancy littrell said...

TFS both your beautiful cards, Ruby. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up with your 2nd Loose Watercolored card. Loved your soft colors for your flowers and your stenciled background. Your 1st card was the sweetest get well card and your pencil coloring beautiful. TFS Hugs...Nancy

conil said...

Such a sweet, pretty card. Those flowers look terrific loosely water colored on your card. I'm sure it will bring comfort to the recipient. It looks lovely in our CAS Mix Up gallery.
By the way, that is one adorable pup. Hope he has a ball with his new ball.

Becca Sadler said...

Lynne: Both cards are great! I'm here to comment on the sympathy floral card for your participation at MTTC. It is wonderfully made and will certainly bring cheer to the recipient. Thanks for participating at MTTC! --Becca/DT

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Lynne. The image is super cute and I love your colouring and background paper. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Sarah said...

Looks like I have missed loads Lynne...sorry about that!! What a cutie that little nurse is, she reminds me of Nurse Nancy that featured in Twinkle comic when I was small!! Beautifully coloured as always and very welcome at AYLI. Equally beautiful watercolouring too on that sympathy card. Aww just look at her delving into her delivery!! xx

Dawn Phillips said...

They are both beautiful cards. I think that paper is perfect for your get well card. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x