Sunday 2 January 2022

Card for Marlene

 HI All and a very Happy New Year!!  That's Christmas done and dusted for another year - we spent ours down in Mum's and then New Year just ourselves.  Back to work now on Tuesday, the break has been lovely and has flown in.  

I've been busy tidying my craft stash while I'm off, a job that's needed doing for a while and even more so since Molly arrived as everything needs to be out of the reach of curious puppies!!!  No longer (in theory) should the search for a stamp drive me crazy... It's all indexed into a couple of boxes, and stamped into my record book along with the name of the brand.  And I fully intend to keep it up for the future!!!

Anyway, this card is for a friend of my mum's, using my new Penny Black stamp which is a pleasure to colour.  I stencilled some text into the background and then proceeded to do my usual stunt of covering most of it up. 😉  I think that die is from Gummiapan: some green liquid enamel to finish.



Inspired By #IB200 - I was inspired by Joan's beautiful floral card (left) where she had text in her background and then overlaid a die cut beneath the flowere
Tuesday Morning Sketches - annual anything goes challenge
Stamping Sensations January - a/g with stamping and option add a die


And what's Miss Molly up to?... Well she was lucky and made it onto Santa's Nice List.  We did have our doubts LOL. Today we had a very exciting time down at our local Lough shore meeting lots of other puppies and plenty of interesting sniffs around!  It was a gorgeous bright morning but was blowing an absolute gale! 

9 comments:

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful floral card, Lynne. Love your coloring and a really great design using that fabulous die. Not one I've seen before, it adds such great interest to the card!

Molly is so cute, no wonder she made it onto the nice list :)
And thanks so much for joining us this month at Stamping Sensations!

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous card!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Cheryl W said...

Your card is beautiful--those lovely flowers are just what I needed to see on a cold day here in Minnesota. It is 0 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 Celsius), and I think it will get colder as the night wears on. But your flowers cheered me and made me feel just a bit warmer. Wonderful to see a picture of you and Miss Molly. Wishing you all good things in the New Year.

brenda said...

We decided Santa is very forgiving with Puppies as our Rosa did OK as well, like you we had doubts.

Loving your flower card with hints of sunnier days, many thanks for joining in with our January challenge at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Sandra H said...

Absolutely fabulous card

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne, love that stamp and you have coloured it beautifully. Just look how big Molly is getting, such a lovely pic of you both. Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2022 xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy New Year! Your inspired card is beautiful...love that you used the background dies with your floral arrangement...it adds so much interest to your card! Thank you so much for celebrating with us!

Vee Cassidy said...

Your card is simply lovely from design to finish. I admire your organisation of stash mine never lasts! Your puppy is very sweet. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

I Card Everyone said...

happy New Year, Lynne! I adored Joan's card, too - you've done a fantastic job of CASEing it though it does seem a shame to cover up your wonderful stenciling - another one might be nice!
Thanks for celebrating our 200th at Inspired By!
=]