Thursday 6 January 2022

Sympathy Daffodils

 Hi all!  Gosh that's such a cold evening out there, reckon our mild Christmas spoiled us!  Definitely cosy hat and scarf weather.  We'd a wee skiff of snow the other night - Molly didn't really pass much comment on it until it froze and then it was great fun.  Daftie.

I've no sympathy cards in my stash and like to have them on hand so need to get a few made.  This one uses this lovely daffodil stamp from Clearly Besotted - coloured with polychromos and some sparkle added to the blooms.  Stencilling added to background.



Layout from MFT Wednesday sketch #575

Word Art Wednesday #525-526 - anything goes

Miss Molly is teething, so far we've found this little tooth and one of the bigger back ones.  Poor wee mite.  Sore gums hasn't affected her appetite though, she loves her grub.  I'd love to be as excited as she gets at dinnertime LOL 



5 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your card is lovely. I like the way you've used the three strips of white cardstock and put gems on the narrowest one. I honestly would never have thought of that. The stenciling in the background is so nice and your coloring is beautiful, as always. This card will be a comfort to whomever receives it. It has gotten very cold here, too--our temperature right now is about -10 Fahrenheit with a wind that makes it feel much colder!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card x

Cynthia said...

Sympathy cards are never easy, but this is a lovely design. Great take on the current MFT sketch as well. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Sarah said...

Love the design of this perfectly balanced card Lynne, the daffs look really lovely. Ours are actually just peeping through the grass. It's certainly a lot colder here too, and we also had a flake or two of snow that soon gave way to rain and high winds!! Just look at that tiny tooth xx

Patti J said...

You’ve been busy! I looked back several posts, and love your fun creations! I’m sorry I’m so far behind…having 5 extra people and two extra dogs here for ten days wore me out! I think things are about to slow down a bit! This is a lovely card, my friend, and will certainly be a comfort to someone who is hurting. You are so thoughtful! Hugs, my friend!