Sunday 19 May 2019

Birdies and birthday cake

I've hardly any 'blokey' cards in my stash, so here's a couple of quickies to try to rectify that.
I always love to use this oldie Whipper Snapper stamp, those little birdies give me a good giggle.  I've fussy cut them for this one and popped up on foam pads, and then added some gloss and glitter for a bit of sparkle.

This one didn't end up as butch as I'd hoped, reckon I should have went with a darker base.
My cake is a Gummiapan stamp - coloured with polychromos, sparkle added to the icing and clear gloss/glitter to the little stars.  I hadn't intended to have my border like that, but my white pen is a bit dodgy and decided to leave a big blob, so I just made a feature of it! 

12 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

That bird stamp always gives me a good giggle, too. I also really like the "Happy Birthday" die-cut on the second card. The font is such a fun, wonky font.

Cardsbymaaike said...

Cute when seagulls are mad eof paper and sit in a row like that...we have lots of real ones...not so cute..Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Karen Brown said...

Your bird card is absolutely adorable! Your card is perfect for any man...or woman. :-) Thank you so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards! Jo x

Joyce said...

Really love your gaggle of fun birds. And, the way you have surrounded your sentiment with clouds looks really nice. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jane said...

Always good to have some cards for fellas stashed away. Great cards! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday and The Male Room, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Jane said...

Just spotted the first card at AAA Cards. Thanks for linking up there too!

Jen W. said...

I agrees - those little birdies are adorable and I also think that cupcake looks super yummy! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Lynne, I love the way you've used those birds! What a perfect and fun masculine Birthday card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Ana A said...

Both of your birthday cards are so wonderful Lynne! I love the colors you've used on both cards, making them festive buy masculine. Having a card on hand for a male is always helpful to me as well! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Male Room challenge and AAA Birthday :) I hope to see your creations in our future galleries 💗

Wei said...

Awesome birthday card! Love the line of birdies. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Monika Skinner said...

I know the feeling! It's still a great masculine card. hanks so muck for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!