Sunday 12 May 2019

Blue hair!

uggh Sunday evening already, weekend time definitely goes quicker than it should!  It was a lovely sunny bright day and I got some of my pots tidied and a bit of planting done.  Still plenty more to do though!

I've been practising my colouring again and had a look today at a few hair tutorials -  I would never have thought of using dark blue in her hair!  I think I need to invest in a few more browny shades though, my little dog ended up looking a wee bit samey.

Things I learned in this card ... stamp your sentiment BEFORE sticking down the image!  I'd masked off my sentiment so that it could go on two lines, but it's quite sticky and when I stamped the 'thank' the stickiness of the 'you' bit took off some of my pencil work and it needed a bit of a fix.  Grrr.


Here's a peek of my practice book.  I had been just using it as a record for blending colours but find it more useful to have a go at colouring actual stamped images.  I need lots more practice so I know I'm going to use this loads.

7 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do love this Lynne that image is fabulous great colouring and what a good idea to keep a practice book you sound so organised, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Nancy said...

I am totally stealing your idea of a practice book! Genius!!! Love that you put the purple piece to ground your image! Great hair too! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Just Us Girls this week!

Patti said...

Lynne! you are so clever to create a practice book like this!! I need this exact same help! Your coloring is outstanding friend!! and your card is just plain adorable!

Cheryl W. said...

I think your coloring looks great on the finished card, and it was fun to see your process in the notebook. I find hair and fur a bit of a challenge, too. Glad you had a nice weekend, weather-wise. The weather is great here right now, but the weekend will be chilly and rainy. Boo!

MagsB said...

I love that image, Lynne, so cute! And whata greatidea to have images in your colouring book -I am totally stealing your idea!

Enjoy the sunshine!

love Maggie x

Bobby said...

Practice makes perfect and your images look pretty perfect to me, Lynne. The dog looks shaggy and the hair has great highlights. Keeping that book is such a good idea. I need to do something like that with my layered flower stamps. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Just Us Girls.

thecraftycavalier said...

That's such a brilliant idea! That's one to try - I love it. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It, Jayne