Tuesday 7 May 2019

Butterflies and critters

Well that was a bit of an icky damp dark old day.  Every time we thought we'd take Rubydoo out for a walk it started to rain, and our little princess puts the breaks on if a raindrop hits her nose!  
Good weather for spring cleaning though - I got lots of 'silly' stuff done that doesn't quite fit in to my normal cleaning routine.  And it cleared my conscience for some crafting this afternoon so I didn't feel one bit guilty using my day off work to colour in and faff about hahaha.

This first card uses an oldie from Eat Cake Graphics.  Hopefully we get more butterflies visiting our garden than last year, they were definitely few and far between.
I usually just colour my butterflies all the same shade, but Mr Google kindly supplied some pics of beautiful butterflies to inspire me.  I've added a Gumiapan butterly die and little punched ones too.  If I was making this card again I'd flip my base and have the darker shade for the frame.

So for the rest of the afternoon I went YouTube-ing to look at polychromo tutorials and found a couple on skin and hair colouring.  So this little LOTV girl was the result.  I need lots more practice - she has a bit of a 5-o'clock shadow thing going on there ;)

I added in a little metal heart and red metallic embellishments.  Clear gloss to their noses and glitter to the girl's hair baubles.  Elizabeth Craft square dies and (I think) Gumiapan sentiment die.

9 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Super cute cards. Your "faffing about" gets really good results! I had my craft area all cleaned up, but it is quickly turning into a disaster again.

Flo said...

Such darling cards.

Sarah said...

These are equally fantastic Lynne. such sweet images, both and coloured perfectly xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Two lovely cards. Your butterflies are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Lynne these are two of the most adorable, cute gorgeous cards the images along with the card designs are perfect
hugs
lorraine x

mum of two said...

They are both really cute cards! I love how you used the sketch this week. Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Gerda said...

These cards are both adorable!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Cazro said...

A very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

Georgiana said...

Cute! Thank you for joining our “May’s Sketch” Challenge at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT