Saturday 18 May 2019

New goodies

I've been led astray yet again by my bloggy buddy DottyJo.  You'd think I'd have developed a bit of willpower by now! Ha!   If you've more resistance than me you should pop over to see her fab creations :)

So the object of my desires was this little dude she had used from Purple Onion Designs.  I've coloured him with polychromo pencils and added a bit of sparkle to his bauble and the snow.  Paper Smooches snowflake dies; not sure of the make of the sentiment.

And this sweet little tree was my other purchase, I fear there may be others when my crafting budget recovers, I've been a bit spend-happy recently haha.  

The very first, and only, real Christmas tree me and Greg had was a bit like this!  We only had a little apartment and the space for the tree had a sloping roof, so we had to cut a whack off the bottom and then some off the top too to get it wedged in.  And then after Christmas I dragged it down 4 or 5 flights of stairs and then dragged the hoover down to vacuum up all the pine needles!!  I bought a fake tree after that LOL

6 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

I love your Christmas cards and the associated stories. I've always had a real tree, and some years I wonder how much money I've invested in them over the years. It's probably enough to put someone through college! The little guy in the first card is so cute. I especially like the purple. The "Charlie Brown" tree in the second card reminds me of a few of the trees I've had over the years. Fun memories.





























Deni(se) said...

These are both darling cards. I give you a lot of credit for working on Christmas cards year round. I just can't generate any enthusiasm for it until fall so I don't get many done. As for your tree story, I think we were about the same in an early discovery of how messy a real tree can be. The other benefit of artificial is that I leave it up for most of January (and don't feel the least bit weird or guilty about it!)

Denise

Dotty Jo said...

Two sweet cards, Lynne! I wonder how much money we've spent after seeing each others cards??? Neither of us have any will power! LOL. I love that little bunny too, Jo x

Catrin Goodwin said...

What a great CAS card - I love the winter image and the delicate blue behind the houses. Thank you for sharing with us over at Creative Knockouts Cat x

K M Meena Herale said...

Wonderful work,
Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both adorable cards. I love your take on our code word at Addicted To CAS on your second card. Thanks for playing with us.