Saturday 11 May 2019

Going for Gold

A couple of 'quick' cards this evening.  Well, when I say 'quick' ..... both cards I ended up taking apart and spending waaaaay more time than they should have taken!
I've been watching polychromo tutorials again, so tonight's theme is colouring Gold!

This first one I'd put my bunny in a pink circle, stuck everything down and then decided it just didn't work.  Luckily my bunny had been stuck with foam pads, so I just had to get my craft knife in under to scrape them off!

Bunny is an oldie from Stamping Bella that I bought in their sale and think I've stamped once.  Coloured with polychromos.

And this one I'd originally had my central panel in white, decided it wasn't right and needed a bit of colour, and things got a bit messy in the dismantling process -  I had originally planned to have my bunny a bit higher up but his butt is covering a big ripped bit!  
Bunny and bear from an old MFT set; gold stars from stash.

7 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Oh, man, I feel your pain. I was making some cards today, too, and didn't have to actually dismantle one, but after getting the card half make, decided it wouldn't work and started over with a new card base. I really like the second renditions of your cards. I think they are worth all the trouble they caused you.

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Hugs, Zowie.
TTCRD DT
Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

You did a great job with your "creative opportunity" No one would ever know about your bunny's butt and what it is covering! Adorable card. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out.

Sarah said...

You have nailed the colour gold Lynne and those adorable cards are both worth the effort of fixing, they are brilliant xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Papers and images can be so forgiving at times These delightful cards are eye candy and I love them .thanks for sharing with us here athttp://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your entry
Shirley-Anne DT

Lynn said...

Well! I would never have known your pain! Your cards are 100% adorable! Love them!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Helen said...

Such sweet cards!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x