Wednesday 18 December 2013

Card for Pheobe

Ahhh my wee tootsies are aching after venturing down to the city centre for the second time this week.  I know Belfast is nowhere near as busy as other cities, but it's bad enough - I think maybe I'm just not a shopper!!  But thankfully, I think that's me finished with my Christmas shopping, just my cards to finish now. Ha. (Apologies in advance to my international buddies ... there's no way my cards will be received in time for Christmas unless I hop on the next flight over!)  Apologies as well for my lack of visiting all your new projects ... hopefully normal service will resume after Christmas ;)

This card uses a favourite image from Lili of the Valley - coloured with pencils.  Silver peel of letters (at the bottom of the card - doesn't really show up in pic) and sparkly peel off number.  Clear gems on butterflies.

Layout inspired by Monday Lunchtime Sketch TSSC293 - I had intended to put my 7 in the middle of the flowers, but it just didn't look right
Crafty Girls #8 - anything goes
Crafty Catz #211 - anything goes
Pile it On #48 - P is for .... pets or peel offs
Simon Says Monday challenge - Stamp it out
Everybody Art EAC258 - not a Christmas card
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - bling it on

11 comments:

Benzi said...

Such a sweet card for a 7 yr. old. Just adorable. I love that patterned paper, too...so colorful and stripe-y.
Hey, a flight over would be nice. Catch the next jet out. You'll be back home in time for Christmas....unless you get snow-bound. Oops......Ha

I have cooked all day and am a tired puppy. Rather, I've prepared things to cook tomorrow. Hope it'll all be tasty.

Jackie said...

What a delightful card, so sweet. I hope your feet are fully are recovered from their adventure :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card,Thanks for playing on Crafty Girls this time, Love Hazelxo

Unknown said...

This is a perfect card for a 7 years old girl! Every girl in my class would love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and I hope you will come back again.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

tilly said...

a lovely colourful card for a 7 year old, very pretty, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
Tilly

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a sweet card! Love the beautiful colors and the super adorable image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Happy holidays. :)

coops said...

so gorgeous lynne.stunning pretty design and image. :D

xx coops xx

MJ said...

I am so with you on the whole shopping thing, it is exhausting! Your card on the other hand is just darling, I love the colors and all the little extras. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

verybellemakes said...

A lovely bright birthday card for a lucky little girl! Hope you've recovered from your shopping expedition! Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

K Clark said...

thanks for joining us at Pile it on... we have started a new challenge - please go and check it out!
Kimberly DT