Monday 9 December 2013

Smile Doggy

I couldn't resist having a go at the MUSE challenge this week - here's Therese's fab card ...

Would you believe mine took nearly 2 hours to make!  This one's version #3!  My die cut letters just looked wrong, so after a root round in my stash I remembered about these gold peel off letters.  While I was in there, I found this flower ribbon strip, so down it went .... gotta make room for the January sales stash!!
I hadn't realised my doggy (Watson from High Hopes) would have fit perfectly between the letters, otherwise I would have tried to centre them better.

Muse Challenge #47 - Therese's card
Crafty Creations #251 - anything but Christmas
Challenges 4 Everybody #35 - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

14 comments:

Patti J said...

Awww...how cute is this! Thanks for the smiles!

Benzi said...

Cute, cute card, Lynne. Is that a bloodhound? Looks as if he is sniffing out something. :-) Watson looks as if he has a smile on his face to go with your fun "smile" sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Your card is so wonderful Lynne and the gold letters worked perfectly! I just 'experienced' a marathon card myself, it just didn't feel right lol.

Mary said...

You card did just that....it made me smile. Thanks for participating in our Anything but a Christmas card challenge at Crafty Creations. I hope you get to join us again real soon.

Jackie said...

Fabulous cards Sunday and Monday, I just love this dog :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful, brilliant card and Watson is placed in a perfect spot.
luv
Debby

coops said...

simply gorgeous lynne.i love the diecut wording and fab cute image :D

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Lynne I love the all green background it really shows up that awesome image of the doggy, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Erika said...

I love your cute doggie! The gold letters really stand out against the green background. This is a happy card.

Ardyth said...

I definitely smiled! What a cute interpretation of this week's Muse! Thanks so much for playing along!

Angela Westland Australia said...

Cute card Ange

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Yeahh, that card makes me smile, Lynne!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this hound dog card!!! Awesome. Your RUBY is my dream dog!!! My boy is allergic, and my hubby is stubborn. Some day I will have a sweety dog like yours, for now I can see the pic on your blog!!!!

Deni(se) said...

Very, very cute. He looks like he is sniffing out the letters. Love it.